Our Mission


Your skin is the largest organ in your body- and the most visible. It performs a variety of vital functions, many of which we take for granted- such as keeping the important stuff in, and the bad stuff out! At Scum Soaps, we believe you need to be good to your integument- and it will be good to you.

Search This Blog

Follow us Through Email Text

Submit Your Email Address Below to Receive Blog Updates!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lavender

I am going to have to admit, I always hated lavender. I made products with it because my customers love it, and it consistently sells throughout the year. But I couldn't stand it until recently.
As you may know, I have been taking a lot of time lately to clean up my line of products. One of the first things that needed to be done was selecting which scents I was going to keep. With the help of my customers, friends, family, and coworkers, we narrowed it down to 5 scents. One of those scents, which was ranked highly by most, was of course lavender. I had no intentions of including lavender in the beginning, but in the end I am in the business if making people happy.
At the same time, we were formulating a new soap recipe that we were excited to try. We included two new ingredients one that has not traditionally (or ever) been used in soap before. So I decided to test the soap in a scent I know I could sell or at least give away, if it worked. I used lavender.
That night, I was so excited to use the new soap that I didn't even wait for it to cure. And, it was spectacular! I loved the pure, raw smell of lavender in the shower, and the new formula couldn't have been more perfect. It was almost an 'ah-ha!' Moment- this is why people love it!
This was about a week ago, and I now have this lavender soap in both of my showers, and at every sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment