Our Mission


Your skin is the largest organ in your body- and the most visible. It performs a variety of vital functions, many of which we take for granted- such as keeping the important stuff in, and the bad stuff out! At Scum Soaps, we believe you need to be good to your integument- and it will be good to you.

Search This Blog

Follow us Through Email Text

Submit Your Email Address Below to Receive Blog Updates!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I hate Stickers

When I started this business, I swore to never use stickers ever on any of my products. For some reason, stickers have always bothered me- a pet peeve. Handmade products should have handmade labels, and this does not mean slapping a crappy printed label or sticker on your stuff. So I began cutting, stamping, and tying each label by hand.
Unfortunately, this is time consuming and a process unable to withstand the pressures of a growing business. It has lead me to a decision I did not want to admit to. But here it goes...

 This past week I have started to print labels off the computer (instead of stamping them), and I have found this to be beneficial in more ways than one. First off, it takes less time and is actually much easier. Secondly, I am now able to fit all of the information required by the FDA onto my labels. This second part is a relief to me, and definitely a benefit to my customers. I can only apologize for it taking so long. And thirdly, it actually looks extremely professional! More so than I was expecting. The next step will, unfortunately, be stickers- on products such as our body powders and lip balms. And although this may bother me, it is a step I need to take. I am sure it is the right thing to do- and I hope my customers appreciate the value of this decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment